The first sign that the seasons change in Broome, Western Australia from Wet to Dry Seasons is when hundreds of dragonflies appear in the air.
What else makes Broome so unique: soft white sand, endless beaches covered in shells, turquoise clear water and the red pindan cliffs.
All this is what inspired the "Change of Season" Macrame Wall Hanging.
- made of 100% recycled super soft cotton cord in the colours natural, seafoam, aquamarine, saffron and tangerine.
- the natural and blue centre part feature a detailed, large dragonfly symbol, wavy patterns and textures. Underneath the large dragonfly you will find a clam shell in seafoam which brings you to the staircase to the moon pattern in aquamarine. Staircase to the moon is an event which can be found in Broome once a month when the full moon rises over the tidal flats. The moons reflection look like stairs... to the moon.
- the two saffron, tangerine and natural outside parts of this wall hanging reflect the red pindan cliffs, red sand and hundreds of shells which can be found on our beaches
- three small dragonflies can also be found floating on this unique piece of wall art
- featured on a extra thick and solid piece of local driftwood which you can see in the detailed pictures has a lot of details in its own
- Measurements of this piece approx 150cm wide by 150cm long
This piece is part of the Shinju Matsuri Arts Awards 2021 and can be purchased at this exhibition from 26.9 - 4.10.2021 at the Broome Civic Centre
If not sold during the Shinju Matsuri Arts Awards this piece will be available to purchase via the website. Please note that due to the size and weight of this wall hanging shipping costs are charged separately as they diver highly depending on location. Feel free to contact me for a quote.